School Lunch Program
LeMars Community School District is part of the National School Breakfast and Lunch Programs. All schools offer breakfast and lunch.
We serve meals that are convenient, economical and healthy to our students daily. Our menus are designed to provide good nutrition, variety and best service possible for your children. We continually look for new menu items to offer.
The United States Department of Agriculture issued updated nutritional requirements for the National School Breakfast and Lunch Programs starting in the 2012-13 school year. The changes are based on the 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans. These new nutritional guidelines are great news for our students because they support our school nutrition team’s efforts to create healthier meals.
School meals now offer:
- A variety of fresh fruits and vegetables, many locally sourced
- Whole grain rich foods, such as bread, pasta, rice and tortillas
- Low-fat milk, water and 100% fruit and vegetable juices
- Lower fat, sugar and salt (sodium) options
Your student’s lunch balance can be found on Powerschool at ps.lemars.k12.ia.us
Thank you for letting us serve your children. We enjoy being part of their day.
FOOD SERVICE DIRECTOR
- December Lunch Calendar
- December Breakfast Calendar
- January Lunch Calendar
- January Breakfast Calendar
- Lunch Nondiscrimination Statements
- Summer Food Service Program